Monetary gifts are the most useful that assist us in providing 24 hour care, our operations and maintenance, in ensuring a safe and secure environment for our elders.
The Home relies on financial support from donors: individuals, corporates, local businesses , community based organisations and government agencies.
The funds can immediately be channelled into the area of greatest need.
Small gift - big impact!
R50 or R100 may not seem like much but over the course of one year, those gifts add up big time for us and represent real hope for our vulnerable elders in need. Even small amounts are greatly appreciated – especially if you give regularly every month by card or debit order
Make a monetary donation directly to Issy Geshen Home:
FNB – Business Account,
Branch code 221026,
Swift code – FIRNZAJJ,
Account number: 62028136853.
Remember to email proof of your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist with a tax certificate for your donation.
Or click on the DONATE HERE to give by Master/Visa Card or Instant EFT. Please also know that you will be entitled to a tax certificate for your cash donations.
How You Can Get Involved
- Once-off or monthly donations – Become a monthly donor or make a single donation which you can even dedicate to someone special.
- Corporate and Employee Giving – You and your staff can benefit by becoming a corporate partner through BBBEE, Socio-Economic Development, CSI, Sponsorships and activities.
- Sponsorships – Sponsor one of our key events or activities.
- Gifts In-kind – Donate items that could benefit our elders; groceries, adult nappies, linen or furniture
- Start a Fundraiser - Champion Fundraisers: We are privileged to have a community of people who support us. Join them by championing a fundraising project or running an event in aid of Issy Geshen Lamont Home.
Business, trusts and foundations
Partnerships with business, trusts and foundations, enhance our ability to utilise our resources to the highest and best use and support our driving force behind our purpose, to care for vulnerable elders.
Every day we see the impact of our donors’ generosity and investments.
We welcome funding or in-kind donations, Employee Give as you Earn or even just introductions to other networks!
We appreciate all our donors, partners, volunteers and staff, who are the lifeblood of Issy Geshen.
Click here to access the following documents:
In-kind donations: Gifts of non-perishable food items, clothing, blankets, linen, cleaning materials, adult nappies, medical items, and toiletries are much needed and greatly appreciated.
We are also in need of tables, chairs and office supplies such as printer paper, stationery, desks, chairs, etc.
Please contact us at 031 469 0247 for more information to arrange a pick up or collection of items that you wish to donate.
Donate online: Select grocery items from our ONLINE SHOP, create your own cart and basket and donate those much needed food items directly to the Home.
Or, donate through your preferred store. We welcome grocery items that you purchase directly from your favourite online store, delivered directly to the Home at 2342 Ndlwana Road, Lamontville, Durban..
Do you have useful skills you could pass on to someone else, or put to good use to help us maintain our computers, office equipment, buildings, etc? Do you have time to help out with admin tasks, transport or gardening?
Volunteering at Issy Geshen
Join one of our campaigns or become a fundraising champion for us and motivate your colleagues and family to donate.
Here are a few ideas!
- Volunteer your time, talents or skills
- If you're running a marathon or participating in a cycle race, make your achievement count for more by asking friends, family and business associates to sponsor you in aid of Issy Geshen Lamont Home.
- Speak to us about registering the event on one of our fundraising platforms or on (GivenGain and Backabuddy), where you can easily set up a fundraising profile with Issy Geshen Lamont Home as the beneficiary. Your friends can sponsor you online – and leave a message of encouragement for you too. All the money you raise goes directly to us so you don't have to worry about handling cash or having to bank it.
- On special occasions, like a birthday or anniversary, you could ask people to make a donation instead of buying you a birthday or anniversary gift. Or come up with your own fundraising event or idea, we are keen to hear your plan of support to the Home.
Please contact us at 031 469 0247 if you are interested in finding out more about volunteering or intern opportunities at Issy Geshen.